People First, Inc. New Jersey Ethical Code of Conduct.
People First, Inc. New Jersey has developed and maintains a Code of Ethical Conduct to guide its activities and operations at all levels of the organization.
Policy: Ethical Code of Conduct
Integrity and honesty are central to all functions and activities of People First, Inc. New Jersey. This basic principle is practiced and expected at all levels of the organization.
This means that:
- All reports, brochures, materials and documentation will be truthfully and factually reported.
- Limits and actual capabilities of our services will be accurately described to consumers, funders and other stakeholders.
- Business relationships with other entities exhibiting practices that are dishonest or lacking integrity are terminated.
Respect for the individual is central to the agency’s operation at all levels of the organization.
This means that:
- Confidentiality is respected and practiced at all levels of the organization.
- Care is taken to protect the personal privacy of everyone involved in the organization.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Protecting consumer and personnel records.
- Sharing personal information about anyone in the organization with only those who must know in order to follow policy or procedure, to deliver services or to maintain records.
- People First, Inc. New Jersey’s resources, contacts and funds are to be used only to further the work of the agency. They are never to be used for personal gain, purpose or advantage.
- The activities of the agency, its leadership, consumers and staff members are to be presented positively and fairly within the agency and to the community at large. Staff members and Board members should never deliberately undermine or denigrate the work of the agency.